Community members may enroll now in Taking Care of You, a University of Missouri Extension program that offers practical strategies for dealing with stress and life challenges.
Developed by an interdisciplinary MU Extension team, the research-based program focuses on positive psychology and mindfulness in eight sessions held over four weeks.
Participants learn concepts and practical strategies they can incorporate into their everyday lives through small-group discussion, self-reflection and group activities. The program teaches ways to do the following:
• Take better care of body, mind and spirit health
• Become more aware of the mind-body connection, and how to use this awareness for better health
• Respond rather than react to life’s stressors
• Discover opportunities in life’s challenges
• Develop habits that can lead to better health
• Find ways to bring more joy into life
• Simplify life
• Live more in the moment
Persons may register by calling the Texas County Extension office at 967-4545.